HOME
TPD FACEBOOK
WWPTV
WIND UP MODIFIED
CHAT

1/29/2009

NTPA Tech Services Update


Question: Mr. Richwine, I normally pull with the outlaws, but, this year Louisville is requiring me to have the NTPA's skid bars on my tractor. What is the rule? Can I put it on and still have my axle float? Thanks, 

Answer: Yes your axle can float if you use the second design below. The following is the wording from the NTPA rulebook: U. Skid plate, Big Tractor Classes   Skid plate must be mounted inline with each frame rail and extend from the center of the front axle forward (on both sides) equal in strength to frame rail material. Skid must be securely mounted and braced to the chassis. Skid plate surface to be minimum of 4 inches wide and 12 inches long with a minimum 6 inch curve when measured from the front most part of rolled edge. Note: Skid plate must be able to support the weight of the front end when checked with a jack. Maximum ground clearance is bottom of wheel rim not to exceed 4 inches with front tires in normal operating position. Note, here are the pictures I posted last year of two examples of NTPA approved "skid bars"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go Ahead And Post A Comment