HOME
TPD FACEBOOK
WWPTV
WIND UP MODIFIED
CHAT

6/04/2008

NTPA Tech Services Update!


Question:

Mr. Richwine,

I went to a pull over the weekend and they told me I had to have a white light for the reverse thing. My light is white till it lights up then it’s LED bulbs glow red. The rule book says that I have to have a white light but it doesn’t say that it has to light up white.

Answer:

Page 36 of the 2008 NTPA Rulebook reads:

11. A white light automotive quality, a minimum of 2 inches in diameter, must be mounted directly above or below the safety kill switch at the rear of the vehicle.
a. A light in the driver’s compartment must be operated off the same system.
b. Both lights are to be activated by a shift lever such that it will be lit only when
the vehicle is in reverse.

With that said, I’m sorry but, you have to have a “2 inch white light lit or un-lit on your reverse switch.
No, the rulebook may not say “white when lit” but, hey, I’m going to make a Executive Decision here and tell you that white means white either on or off…….OK?

After talking to the official that told you to change the light, I recommend that you do so before you show at the next event.

P.S. The dash light (which you probably don’t have, but, better before you pull again) Can be any color, maybe you can re-locate the one you currently have to the dash. (More)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go Ahead And Post A Comment